Exciting opportunities exist for medical graduates undertaking respiratory medicine training to undertake respiratory fellowships at the Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital/University of Western Australia in Perth.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to undertake research studies and some clinical work in the fields of pleural disease, interstitial lung disease, occupational lung diseases and/or thoracic malignancy under the supervision of Prof. Bruce W Robinson in collaboration with Gary Lee (pleural disease), Prof. Anna K Nowak (malignancy) and Prof. Fiona Lake (interstitial disease) along with an experienced team of laboratory scientists. This is a multi-award winning team of world-leading researchers and clinicians, providing an ideal training environment and a strong life-long career platform.
Missed a session at the 2013 Congress in Yokohama?
Video streaming of several important sessions are available here.
Message from the INCOSACT
The International Collaboration of Sleep Apnea Cardiovascular Trialists (INCOSACT) Steering Committee is pleased to announce the opening of a website (www.incosact.org) to promote international collaboration in designing, conducting and analyzing clinical trials of sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease (CVD). Collaboration is intended to promote the collection of evidence needed to inform the global community on the role of sleep apnea interventions to reduce CVD morbidity and mortality and to promote international co-operation in this area of investigation.
Specific aims are to promote:
- Sharing of relevant resources to promote high quality clinical trial data collection and future harmonization and sharing of data; e.g., questionnaires; procedure manuals etc.
- Sharing of expertise in strategies to improve the design of clinical trials, such as approaches for enhancing treatment adherence, addressing equipoise, selecting appropriate control conditions
- Planning for later meta-analyses
- Publicising of clinical trials
- Dissemination of information on methods and outcomes to the general scientific community
Investigators interested in conducting or currently conducting randomized controlled clinical trials of treatment for sleep apnea with adjudicated cardiovascular outcomes are invited to join INCOSACT (see the website). We currently have posted protocols and data collection instruments from several trials and invite others to do so too to enhance our collaborative community.
Douglas McEvoy, MD and Susan Redline, MD
Co-Chairs, INCOSACT Steering Committee
Click here to put more letters after your name.
- Right now, 2011-2012 full-text articles from Respirology are available to download for free on Wiley Online Library and PubMed.
Articles from the current 2013 volume, and all future volumes, will be available for free download at the end of each calendar year.
- More free bonus features!
Respirology offers free, themed, virtual issues on topics that include: TB, cutting-edge technologies, complications in lung procedures, pleural diseases, and more
Plus, free access to newly accepted reviews and editorials