Last updated: 5 June 2015
Information we collect
The following describes the types of personal and other information we may collect about you, and how we use and maintain that information.
The web servers we use may collect the IP address of visitors to the Website. This information may be aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Website, pages viewed, etc. We may use this information to measure the use of our Website and to improve the content we offer. We may share with third parties this experiential information or other data on an aggregated basis. This will not include any information that personally identifies you.
- "required cookies", necessary for the Website to work properly,
- "performance cookies" that allow us to analyze how visitors use the Website so we can measure and improve its performance,
- "functional cookies" that allow us to remember choices you may have made on the Website, such as remembering details you enter on an application form.
Information you provide to us
Before you can utilize some portions of the Website, we may require that you register and provide us with your contact information and generate a password. This registration information may be used, for example, for identification purposes, to communicate with you regarding your Account with us or to facilitate the functioning of the Website. If you provide us with a telephone number, you expressly agree that we, or our authorized agents, can use that number to contact your about your Account, or about the APSR and its associated activities. If you provide us with your email address, you agree that we, or our authorized agents, can send you emails about your Account, or about the APSR and its associated activities.
We may keep any information that you provide to us indefinitely.
Social networking activities
The Website includes the ability for you and other users to link to social networking websites. As a result, we may receive information about you when you choose to post or otherwise share information about the Website on these social networking websites. We may use such information about you in a variety of ways, including to administer the Website and enhance your experience with the Website, and to communicate with you about the Website and new offerings or activities associated with the Website. We may keep all of this information indefinitely.
Opting out of communications
If you no longer want to receive emails from the APSR (such as the APSR Bulletin), you may opt out of receiving emails by clicking the "unsubscribe" link on email you receive. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing using the above method, please contact us directly at the email listed below under Contact.
Please allow time for us to process your request. However, please note that even if you opt out from receiving emails, we will send you service-related communications and may need to keep information we have collected about you for record-keeping, research and other purposes.
Disclosing information to third parties
We will not share, rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of the personally identifiable information that we collect about you through the Website, except in any of the following situations:
- You request or authorize the release of your personal information.
- We may use the information we collect from you to fulfil your requests, manage the Website, communicate with you about membership, registrations, products, services, events and education, and conduct research and analysis.
- We may disclose information that we collect about you to our third-party contractors and payment processors who perform services for us in connection with the Website, or to complete or confirm a transaction or series of transactions that you conduct with us. We may also disclose information to service providers or suppliers if the disclosure will enable that party to perform business, professional or technical support for us.
- We may share aggregated or anonymous information that cannot identify you with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to the Website or the number of people who have downloaded a particular document.
To help protect the privacy of data you transmit through the Website, where personally identifiable information is requested, we use technology designed to encrypt the information that you input before it is sent to us. In addition, we take steps to protect the user data we collect against unauthorized access.
However, you should keep in mind that the Website is run on software, hardware and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security beyond our control.
While we take steps to protect your personal information and keep it secure, you also play a role in protecting your information. You can help to maintain the security of your online transactions by not sharing your Account information and password with anyone.
Links to other websites
If you are under the age of 18, please do not use or access the Website in any way. We will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from any child under the age of 18. It is not our intention to collect personal information from anyone under 18 years of age. If we become aware that we have collected any personal information from children under the age of 18, we will promptly delete such information from our databases.
Access from outside the United States
Web servers used by this Website are located in the United States. Therefore, from whichever country or region you access this Website, information that we collect is transferred to servers in the United States. By allowing us to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer, process and retention of your data to servers in the United States.
Asian Pacific Society of Respirology
2F, UK's Bldg.
2-29-3 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
Office Hours: 9:30–16:30 (Monday to Friday)