APSR COPD Assembly
Meet the Assembly
Dr Chin Kook
What do we do?
The COPD Assembly of the APSR exists to focus on the understanding of pathophysiological processes underlying the disease, encourage communication among scientists and clinicians concerned with advanced knowledge in this field, share their expertise in research and practice, and provide professional and patient-focused education.
- To promote the training of physicians to engage in the research of clinical and basic studies in COPD.
- To develop a forum in the APSR to encourage communication between scientists and clinicians and disseminate updated information concerning science and medicine in COPD.
- To create a platform for connection between general practitioners and specialists in medical centres for early detection, prevention and approaches to management.
- To encourage collaboration for basic and clinical studies in COPD across countries.
- To provide educational programmes for healthcare professionals and patients.
Who should join:
The COPD Assembly welcomes all physicians, researchers, respiratory therapists and other healthcare professionals who are interested in COPD. Junior members who are keen to develop knowledge, build contacts and networks, present research ideas, seek training contacts and apply for funds are more than welcome. We value senior members who have vast experience and wish to share their knowledge, train and educate the next generation, build research collaborations and seek to represent the Assembly on international projects with Sister Societies.