APSR Facilitator at the
ERS International Congress in Madrid 28 September – 2 October 2019
Self-nomination deadline: (Date to be confirmed)
APSR members are invited to self-nominate to be a facilitator at the ERS International Congress in Madrid, Spain, 28 September – 2 October 2019.
The APSR will submit up to five nominations for consideration by the ERS. The ERS will select those most suitable for the sessions available.
Facilitators are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and Congress registration arrangements and costs. There is no honorarium.
- Facilitators gain international recognition for their expertise and involvement at one of the world's most prestigious Congresses in the field.
- Facilitators enjoy the opportunity to meet peers from different backgrounds and learn from their experiences.
- Facilitators are traditionally experts in the session topic and presenters may ask them for advice and guidance. Therefore facilitators are usually senior scientists. However, any APSR member is welcome to self-nominate.
- The following is required:
emailed to the APSR Secretariat APSRinfo@theapsr.org before (date to be confirmed)
- Full name
- Email address
- APSR membership number (or the membership number and name of your society if you are an en bloc member of the APSR)
- Up to three areas of expertise
- Academic rank or appointment
- Area of focus: basic science, clinical science or traditional science
- Previous experience of being a facilitator, session chair, etc.
- Conflict of interest statement
- The APSR Education Committee and APSR Executive Committee will consider all nominations and recommend the most suitable to the ERS.
- The ERS will seek to match nominees with appropriate sessions, and inform the nominees directly with their decision.