APSR Abstract Awards (two levels)
for the APSR/ISRD Session
at the ATS International Conference 2018
Abstract submission deadline 31 January 2018
The APSR and ISRD (International Society for Respiratory Diseases) will hold a joint session at the ATS International Conference in San Diego, USA.
This one-day Session will be held on Saturday 19 May, the second day of the ATS Conference. All APSR members are cordially invited to attend.
Two levels of Award are available:
- an Abstract Award and
- a Best Abstract Award from the ATS for the highest-ranked abstract.
- The opportunity to present at the APSR/ISRD Session at the prestigious ATS International Conference
- Assistance with travel costs for abstract presenters
Each awardee must be:
- An APSR member (en bloc or individual) normally resident in the Asia-Pacific region
- Aged ≤40
- 3-7 years post-PhD (or equivalent) or 3-7 years post-certification as a professional respiratory specialist
- the First Author of an accepted abstract and able to attend the joint session in person
- Awardees are required to send a report (circa 500 words) of their experience at the Conference or joint session, to the APSR Secretariat within one month after the ATS International Conference, together with their photo at the Conference or joint session. The report may be published on the Young Investigators webpage, APSR Bulletin and/or Newsletter.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 31 January 2018 to the ATS Conference, not the APSR.
All abstracts that are accepted for oral or poster presentation will be considered by a joint APSR-ISRD selection committee. (It is not necessary to make a separate application; abstract submission is a de facto application.)
The APSR Secretariat will inform the successful applicants.
Visa processing times:
- Note that visas for the US can take a long time to process, depending on nationality and location. Contact the nearest US Embassy for details.